A mid-sized main contractor based in South Yorkshire; long-standing, privately owned and extremely profitable. Projects are typically £500k to £6m in value across various sectors including education, healthcare, leisure, commercial and industrial, new-build and refurbishment.
As part of their strategy for growth, they are looking to recruit an ambitious Quantity Surveyor.
The role will be office based with visits to site(s) as required. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Measurement and valuation of works for valuations, variations and final accounts.
- Preparation and submission of interim valuations.
- Sub-Contract and design procurement.
- Sub-Contract payments, variations and final accounts.
- Cash flow and turnover forecasts.
- Cost value reconciliation reporting.
- Administering and/or advising on Main Contract and Sub-Contract conditions.
- You will need to have a minimum of 3 years PQE working with a main contractor on either new-build or refurbishment projects. Projects worked on should be at least £1m in value, but ideally £2m – £4m.
- Capable of running multiple projects simultaneously.
- Sound knowledge of JCT and NEC Conditions of Contract.
- Ideally degree or HNC qualified in quantity surveying or construction management related subject.
Successful applicants should hear from us within two weeks of application.