Is a leading international originator and developer of infrastructure assets.
One of our client’s assets is The Singapore Sports Hub, which is a PPP project with the Singapore Government. The project is the design, build, finance and operation of an iconic sport, entertainment and lifestyle facility consisting of a 55,000 seat stadium, 12,000 indoor arena, aquatics centre, multi-purpose indoor arena, retail mall and extensive precinct spaces. The operational services include hard and soft FM, building lifecycle, equipment replacement and provision of event and programming services as well as commercial services.
The overall area of the site is 35 hectares and attracted in excess of 14 million visitors in the past year. The project has just commenced its 6th year of operations.
To provide PPP General Manager services including leading delivery and providing direction of efficient and timely asset management services across commercial, contract and variations with key responsibilities including:
- Overseeing all aspects of traditional PPP assetco SPV functions (e.g. FM contract management, contract administration and compliance, reporting, variations, client management)
- Lead, manage and develop the SPV assetco team
- Commercial advice on operational sub contracts, where required
- Along with the CEO, lead the development of Sports Hub as a well respected and trusted brand within Singapore and regionally
- Establish, develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with all relevant project stakeholders, including representatives of government, statutory authorities, other relevant bodies/associations, subcontractors and the wider community
- Ensure that effective contract administration, reporting and compliance processes and systems are in place
- Ensure that effective and efficient budgetary control and financial oversight is in place
- Ensure that all material risks are identified and proactively managed / mitigated (either directly or via the subcontracts as appropriate)
- Be accountable for the provision and quality of concise, accurate and informative performance and board reports
- Ensure appropriate, effective and efficient systems, processes and procedures are in place;
- Review and plan future activity, identify potential issues and develop contingency plans to minimise risk to the project
- Work with the CEO to develop the culture of the organization (with a key initial focus of ensuring clear lines of responsibility and accountability are in place).
- Strong, balanced leadership, management and commercial skills
- Ability to undertake objective, critical analysis to draw accurate conclusions that recognise and manage contextual issues
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, flexibility and independent judgment
- Strong commercial understanding of PPP contractual structure
- Understanding of risk management principles
- Proactive and strong problem solving skills
- Highly developed negotiation and influencing skills to work towards mutually beneficial outcomes
- Understanding of asset management / FM management
- Ability to prioritise tasks balancing day-to-day operational needs with longer term business requirements
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Highly developed planning and organisational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Awareness of the events industry (sport and entertainment);
- Under-graduate qualification(s) in financial, legal, commercial, building, engineering or other discipline
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience operating at a senior management level on a PPP project
- Over 5 years’ experience as a SPV General Manager on a PPP project
Successful applicants should hear from us within two weeks of application.