Conduit Recruitment Ltd (‘Conduit’) is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. Conduit must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, Conduit acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to Conduit directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. Conduit must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement:
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Purpose of processing and legal basis:
Conduit has collected your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Legitimate interest
Conduit has collected the following personal data on you:
- Name and Contact details
- Career History
- Academic achievements
- Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
- work related information you provide, e.g. education and/or training certificates
Sensitive personal data:
- Criminal convictions
Where Conduit has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
- Work finding services
- Career advice
Conduit will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
- potential employers
Conduit will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where Conduit has obtained your consent to process your personal/sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period Conduit will seek further consent from you.
You have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data Conduit processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data Conduit processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to Conduit processing your personal data and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting our data protection officer via firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Conduit sourced your personal data/sensitive personal data by one of the following means:
- Direct applications to our advertisements
- Executive search
- Networking and/or referrals
- Job boards
COMPLAINTS OR QUERIES
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact our Data Controller on email@example.com
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://www.ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.